Employer Sponsored Visa 186 is an Australian permanent resident visa for skilled workers from overseas who get nominated by Australian employers to work and stay in Australia.
The application process for this visa has two stages:
1. Invitation from an authorized Australian employer to work in their organisation
2. Submission of visa application under the invited stream by the overseas skilled worker
It is essential for an applicant to hold a Bridging visa or any substantive visa if applying Subclass 186 visa from onshore, however; it is not mandatory to be onshore, one can apply for this visa from either on or offshore.
Following are the available streams of this visa, under which one can apply as per need and personal circumstances:
1. The TRT (Temporary Residence Transition) Stream:
One can be eligible for this stream of ENS visa if they already hold subclass 457 visa and have worked in the same position for nominating employer for last 2 years (besides unpaid leaves period). Your current employer must now be ready to provide you a permanent position in the same occupation.
Requirements: Score of 5 Bands in each module in IELTS or equivalent test is required except in case of exemption. Furthermore, any secondary applicants above 18 years of age must fulfill the functional English requirements with an IELTS score of minimum 4.5 bands. Skill Assessment is not required for this stream.
1. The Direct Entry Stream:
Individuals who do not hold a subclass 457 visa though have work experience of at least three years in the nominated position and their employer is willing to sponsor them for that particular position can apply Direct Entry Stream of Subclass 186 visa Australia.
Requirements: Score of 6 Bands in each module in IELTS or equivalent test is mandatory to apply under this stream. Any secondary applicant above 18 years of age must fulfill the functional English requirements with an IELTS score of minimum 4.5 bands and skill assessment are also essential for this stream
1. The Agreement Stream:
One can apply under this stream of Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 Visa if they get sponsorship from an employer in Australia.
The employer must nominate an individual for the position that is on list of either MTSSL or STSOL.
Who is eligible for 186 Visa Australia?
- One who meets the health and character requirements.
- Is proficient in English language
- Is below 45 years of age
- Fulfill qualification and skills requirements
- Fulfill other requisites as per the chosen stream
- Have secured invitation by an employer that is operating legally in Australia
- Apply within six months of invitation
Who can sponsor?
An eligible employer to nominate overseas worker is one who:
- Has an active and legally running business in Australia
- Have met the benchmark of training requirements
- Has a genuine necessity of a skilled worker in the business for minimum two years
- Abide by the work and immigration laws
Who are the eligible members of Family for this Australian 186 Visa?
You may include the following family members in your Australian 186 Visa application:
- De facto partner
- Child or
- Step child
What are benefits of Subclass 186 Visa?
- This visa lets your family members and you study work and live in Australia indefinitely
- You may register for Medicare to take charge of your health care costs
- Apply for citizenship in Australia, once eligible
- Sponsor other family members for Australian permanent residency
- Move in and out of Australia as needed for a period of five years
Australian Subclass 186 Visa Processing Time
186 Visa Processing Time varies depending on the chosen stream:
- For Temporary residence stream it takes between 15 to 17 to process the visa application
- Applications under Direct entry stream takes around 15 to 19 months and;
- For labor agreement stream there is no specified time to process the visa
Applying for Subclass 186 visa takes a lot of patience and caution and is a mistake prone. It involves several steps such as acquiring a successful skill assessment, discovering the right stream and showing exempting requirements for English language, required skills and age. There are several complications in the process that can spin your head.
At Immigration Agent Perth, our highly experienced and professional group of visa consultants have helped numerous clients to with Employer Nomination Visa application and secure it successfully without even letting them know the hurdles and complexity of the process. With years of experience in the migration sector we are completely set to evaluate your eligibility, selecting correct stream and assisting efficiently to get positive outcome. Get in touch with us to get assistance with ENS visa application and fulfill your goals.